Most of us have already seen several dozens of YouTube videos, and in some ways, we can distinguish which videos are of good quality and which are of bad quality. Likewise, while watching a video, we could readily sense if it has a bad audio. We can also easily conclude whether a video has horrible camera works. Moreover, we can readily distinguish those videos which are neither bad nor good, but may pass for as lukewarm in quality. Good quality videos have been mostly done by professionals who got very good cameras and have utilized highly dedicated camera accessories and equipment. These professionals have also been using specialized software. They likewise really know how to take the best shots based on the right principles of cinematography—the art form of video filming.
Professionals Began as Amateurs
Professional makers of video started off as amateurs in the field. However, they further pursued this line of profession to improve on it. Through their sheer determination to apply the different cinematic techniques and principles, they were able to hone their craft. Their determination may serve as an encouragement for video filming enthusiasts who are just tyros in the field. Here are some basic prerequisites to enable you to raise your level of video filming a notch higher.
- First, you should buy a camera which will allow you to shoot high image quality. Always remember that the better the quality of your camera, the better the quality of your video shots will be.
- You should complement your videos with better sound. Hence, it is important that you learn how to perfectly and clearly capture the dialogues and sounds in your video.
- You should also learn the basic principles of good filming and cinematography such as the rule of thirds, good framing, proper sequencing, and many others.
- Moreover, you should buy quality software which will allow you to use special effects, and let you control the outcome of your video.
- Lastly, you should learn how to stabilize your camera during the process of shooting video. You can either use a tripod, a Steadicam, or any other means to lessen and reduce the shaking of the camera while shooting your video.
Ways to Steady your Camera while Filming
One of the major questions asked by movie directors before the invention of the Steadicam was: “How to minimize the shaking of the camera?” A simple bump, jerk, and movement can readily ruin a movie clip. Good enough Garrett Brown had thought of a way to stabilize the cam by inventing the Steadicam. A Steadicam readily isolates the camera from the movement of its operator giving the camera man a stable and steady shot. The principle behind a Steadicam is simple, and you can readily improvise tools which will allow you to reduce the impact of movements on a camera. You can also visit http://www.diygopro.com/ – DIY steadicam to learn more about ways to improve your videos.
The Desire to Harness Your Skill is Necessary
Always remember that nothing is impossible if you have the determination to succeed in anything. The difference between a person with a strong determination and a person without determination is not only 20 percent, but 2,000 percent. So, if you really want to excel in video-making, you should never be deterred from achieving it by any handicap or snag along the way.